How it all began
In December 2003 an Australian traveler, Lou Billett, arrived at Buccaneers Backpackers in Chintsa, a small seaside village on the Eastern Cape of South Africa, and fell in love…
- African Angels Receives GlobalGiving AirBnB Community Fund donationWe are humbled to have been selected by Airbnb and GlobalGiving, in partnership with members of the Airbnb Host community, to receive a substantial donation through the Airbnb Community Fund! Thank you to everyone who voted for us. Every cent of your donation will contribute to providing a quality education for the primary school children […]
- Charity Golf Day – Final callThank you to those players and companies who have already signed up to be part of our Charity Golf day on 10 September. We are anticipating a great day of golf, fun and giving back. To join them, simply call Caroline on 065 691 9746 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- From the Principal’s DeskAfrican Angels introduces the iSchool Africa Press Team. Through their involvement learners critically engage with current events and with ideas, taking part in identifying newsworthy stories, researching and gathering relevant information, creating story outlines or plans that involve structuring a coherent storyline.
- Reducing Period PovertyAfrican Angels Days for Girls (DfG) Enterprise and handed out the first batch of sponsored DfG washable pads to 70 girls at Thoboshana School in East London
Newsletters & Documents
- August newsletter – Supporter Spotlight on EDP Accounting
- July newsletter – Supporter Spotlight on Nvest Financial Holdings
- June Newsletter – Launching our Days for Girl Enterprise
- May Newsletter – Supporter Spotlight on Mercedes Benz South Africa
- April Newsletter – Using Technology to Enhance our Teaching
- March Newsletter – More than just a Quality Education
- February Newsletter – its all about community
- January Newsletter – Supporter Spotlight: Wild Women on the Run
- December newsletter – Thanks, our new social enterprise and alternative funding methods
- October newsletter – Second chances
- September Newsletter – A Principal’s perspective on Covid-19 and an outline of how African Angels has managed to catch up with the curriculum and support the community during this stressful time.
- African Angels Annual Report 2019/2020
- May newsletter – scholarship awards and back to school amid COVID
- Jan/Feb newsletter
- Vulnerable Youth Mentoring
- Check out our new budget accommodation website Click here for our accommodation website
- Share ‘About African Angels’ with friends and family.