How it all began
In December 2003 an Australian traveler, Lou Billett, arrived at Buccaneers Backpackers in Chintsa, a small seaside village on the Eastern Cape of South Africa, and fell in love…
- Regular donations are our life-bloodThank you to every single person who told someone about our #GlobalGiving 200% matching campaign. With your help we have attracted more monthly donors. This regular income stream makes a massive difference to our ability to plan and implement educational and developmental programmes for our primary school children. Read this story to hear what Founder, Lou Billett says about […]
- Festive season’s greetings
- Get a MySchool card and make every swipe countGiving couldn’t be easier. Simply get your free MySchool card, choose up to three beneficiaries (schools and charities) you’d like to raise funds for – we hope you’ll choose African Angels – and shop at one of their partner stores. Every time you swipe your card, you will be giving back. Already have a Woolworths […]
- Our supporters are successfully spreading our message as far as ChinaOn 30 November Ilka Oberlaender held an exhibition of 38 photos taken during her travels around China, and has chosen to donate all profits to African Angels Independent School. Ilka was introduced to African Angels by long-time supporter and one of the founders of Wild Women on the Run, Lucille van der Merwe. Lucille began […]
Newsletters & Documents
- December newsletter – Thanks, our new social enterprise and alternative funding methods
- October newsletter – Second chances
- September Newsletter – A Principal’s perspective on Covid-19 and an outline of how African Angels has managed to catch up with the curriculum and support the community during this stressful time.
- May newsletter – scholarship awards and back to school amid COVID
- Jan/Feb newsletter
- Vulnerable Youth Mentoring
- Check out our new budget accommodation website Click here for our accommodation website
- Share ‘About African Angels’ with friends and family.